Aco SuDS Swale Inlet
The Aco SuDS Swale Inlet unit provides an aesthetically pleasing solution when linking proprietary conveyance drainage systems to vegetated infiltration features such as swales, basins, ponds and
Aesthetically pleasing SuDS interface
The low profile unit provides a natural looking interface between proprietary and vegetated drainage solutions.
The consistent product appearance makes the product ideal for phased or retrofit installation. The 1 in 3 gradient profile can be used to help construct swales to satisfy the CIRIA C697 guidance.
Erosion protection with Aco SuDS Swale Inlet
The surface finish and the flared outlet of the unit encourages water dispersion and reduces excessive flow velocities. This helps to protect the surrounding environment from erosion and meeting the flow rate guidance in CIRIA C697. The Aco SuDS Swale Inlet will reduce the velocity and distribute the flow across a footprint up to 6 times that of a traditionally constructed pipe outfall.
As part of a system to manage the flow rate and volume of surface water run-off, the Aco SuDS Swale Inlet reduces the risk of localised flooding and eases pressure on the drainage network.
Shallow surface water conveyance
This can be used alongside any SuDS drainage scheme where there is a requirement to manage water on or near the surface, helping to manage surface water at its source.
The one piece unit is placed into position and installed using concrete bedding or, secured with spiral ground anchors. No additional on-site shuttering or formwork is required. This removes the need to return to site, ensuring the final stages of a project can be completed quickly and without hassle.
Features of Aco SuDS Swale Inlet
- 1 in 3 profile design satisfies CIRIA C697 and can be used for construction of swales
- Distributes the flow of water to 6 times the area of a standard pipe
- Can reduce the erosion rate to a quarter of that of a standard pipe
- Surface finish reduces flow velocities
- Low profile design allows mintenance equipment to safely pass over unit
- Flat base for level installation
- Flared outlet aids alignment and west dispersion
- Made from sustainable robust, thermally stable materials
- Flared outlet aids alignment and water dispersion
Available to Grey, Natural and Black colours. A stainless steel grating can be supplied for applications that require a greater degree of protection.
There are no reviews yet.