Aquastrip – sealing strip for precast concrete is an An easy-to-use, high performance and cost-effective strip for joining precast concrete manholes, inspection chambers, shafts, caissons, ogee pipes and box culverts.
Tested to BS, EN, ISO, DIN and ASTM standards, Aquastrip provides a flexible and watertight seal against pressures in excess of 5 bar.
It is a polymer-modified, bituminous compound incorporating temperature extenders. Used with rapid-drying Aquastrip Primer for increased adhesion.
Application of Aquastrip
- For use in the sealing of manhole inspection chambers, box culverts and other pre-cast units.
- For creating a watertight seal between pre-cast units.
- On highways projects where the standard BD 31 2001 is required.
- Waterproofing of underground pre-cast walkways.
- Joint sealing of precast units used in water management routes.
- Sealing of precast units used in biogas chambers.
Features and benefits of Aquastrip – sealing strip for precast concrete:
- Composition recommended by BS 6213:2000 for jointing concrete, culverts, subways, water retaining and water excluding structures.
- Tested to BS EN 1917 – the new UK and European Standard for Concrete Manholes and Joints.
- Performance easily exceeds the 0.5 bar/ 15 minutes water test. Enables the concrete manufacturer to supply units complying with the new standard.
- Aquastrip has a wide temperature range with improved flexibility in cold weather for easier application and jointing.
- Plastoelastic properties and high adhesion provide a permanent watertight seal during and after settlement, ground movement, side loadings etc, as required by BS EN 752-3:1997, the UK and European Standard for Drains and Sewers.
- Resistant to sulfates, acids, alkalis, salts, groundwater, trade effluent, grease, sewage and micro-organisms.
- Aquastrip enables the contractor to install watertight manholes, inspection chambers, drainage pipelines and culverts quickly and economically without the need for in situ concrete surrounds, while still meeting full life cycle durability requirements.
System Performance of Aquastrip – sealing strip for precast concrete
- Conforms to BS 6213 2000.
- Tested to BS EN 1917 – The UK and European standard for concrete manholes and joints.
- Meets the joint sealant requirement of CIRIA Culvert design guide 2010 for box culverts.
- Meets the Highways Agency standard BD 31 2001
- Performance easily exceeds the 0.5Bar / 15 minute water test.
- Fully Watertight
- Non-solvent containing system – VOC Free.
- Resistant to acids, alkalis, groundwater, grease, salts, sewage and micro organisms.